So, What Is It That You Do?
My mission is to share, guide, & facilitate holistic health, vitality, engagement, connection and community for collective liberation, collective awakening, collective harmony and collective wholeness.
I use sacred & healing arts, earth-based practices, rituals and evidence- based lifestyle habits for healing, wholeness and harmony in body/mind/soul.
- B.A. Sociology/ Psychology -The George Washington University, 2000
- M.S., E.D. University of Pennsylvania, 2001
- Experienced-RYT — Registered Yoga Teacher, 2006
- Founding Board Member and Administrator, Septima Clark Public Charter School, 2006
- Co- founder, National Kids Yoga Conference, 2014
- Founder, lil omm Yoga & Wellness, 2007–2015
- Founder, LOLA COMMUNITY, 2016+Present
- Holistic Health Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, 2011
- Certification in Foundations of Positive Psychology, UPENN, 2018
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Wellness Coach, Shakti School, 2019
- Author, Delight, 2016
- Author, Plan to Thrive, 2018
- Author, Little Little, 2021
- Adjunct Professor at The American University Department of Health Studies & AU- Experience, 2017–2021
- Mind- Body Medicine Facilitator, 2019
- Extended Studies in Vedic Counseling, 2019–2020
- Certified Inner Voice Facilitator, 2020
- Rising Kohenet, 2020
- International End of Life Care Training ( Death Doula) 2020
- Adjunct Professor of Ayurvedic Psychology at Maryland University of Integrative Health, 2021
- Trauma Resolution & Integration, 2021-Present
I am Pleasance ( Shamirah) Silicki, eternal student of awe & wonder.
I work with… weaving ancestor reverence, grief & gratitude, dreams, S.O.L. practices ( Sacred Ordinary Life), healing arts, earth- based rituals, spiral and cycles, into our daily, modern, full, vibrant lives.
I teach: how to align with seasons, cycles, spirals and connection with earth based reverence as a mental health practice.
I teach: regenerative practices for the S.O.L. ( Sacred Ordinary Life).
I am the creator of …the L.O.L.A ( lil omm life academy) Community.
The Village, a non-denominational, multi -faith, community that centers healing circles, studying sacred texts, gatherings, movement practices, intuitive wisdom, and living into the bigger questions of life and death.
The Village is…. at the intersection of spirituality, non linear growth, SPIRALS, regenerative practices in health, healing, wholeness and harmony.
This is what we are about: Intersection of justice, wholeness, holistic well-being, spirituality & embodied, integrated living.
WE TEND THE HEART through ritual, prayers, portals, seasons, cycles, archetypes, embodiment circles, ancestors. We honor land, people, wisdom, the elements, and one another.
By using the wisdom of the moon, the natural seasons and cycles of the land and the earth — we can learn how to find our place in our lives, our communities and in the world.
Whats the problem we are trying to solve?
So many people using external, mind centered, productivity hacks to “ live a better life” and yet.. they are restless, overwhelmed and underwhelmed by life.
People want to make changes, and try so hard. People read all the books, all the emails, all the podcasts and yet, are still seeking, never able to keep up, always behind, spinning your wheels.
We believe that the missing link is a deep connection to the natural elements.
We must see ourselves within the larger context, within the regenerative vortex, within our own place in the world.
We do this through a journey into time, space, dreaming, singing, breathing, moving, listening, storytelling, feeling, writing, dancing,
Together through shared circles, conversations and support, we find ourselves rooted, whole, steady in the ebbs and flows, creative, alive, energetic, connected and loved.
Right on time.
- Sacred Shabbat. No“work” time carved out weekly. We rest, play, slowly unhooking from the demands of the world for this sacred time. We unwind by creating rituals that feel so good. We mark the time each week of our lives reflecting back and looking forward. We land ourselves in blessings and prayers of awe and wonder.
- Follow Mama Moon. Notice when she appears small/ dark, allow yourself more rest/ quiet/ introspection time. Set intentions for the rising. When she is full and shining brightly and illuminating, remind yourself to Go for it. Make love- dance- play-let your hair down. Wild and messy emotions encouraged! Let yourself feel the aliveness of all the parts of you.
- Elements as Medicine. Pay attention to the elements as healing qualities for all aspects of life. Use water to help soothe you if you are over heated mentally, emotionally, physically. Use fire if you feel heavy or stuck and need to burn through something mentally, physically, spiritually. Use earth to ground you if you feel anxious, or jittery or afraid. Lay down on the earth and let her support you. Connect to the air element within each of us as a mystical spirit. Follow the breath, connect to source if you need some extra divine love. Or sit outside and listen /feel for the winds of change. Look up and smile at the mystery of it all.